21.9.06

Juxtaposition I

'come together
right now
over me'
-The Beatles

It is as simple as putting something side by side for comparison.
Yet, as complicated as having a bunch of transparent layers aligned one on top of the other composing one image, the fundamental principle of cel animation.
I can juxtapose languages, and sometimes, literary ideas; I can make the lives of the people I invent a soup of intertwined anecdotes and fake meaningful moments, I invent words.
Word of the day: Blindfaithedly.
I hate it when Microsoft Word juxtaposes its computer doctrine on my art --the art of creating words (or concepts for that matter) that is, and adorns it with its zig-zageddy red underline. I like it when I clearly messed up, and wrote 'metodically' instead of 'methodically', then it's cool, the computer is helping me, and often times it actually quite methodically changes the typo into its right form.
When I pull a word out of the magic hat however, the machine is unable to understand the artistic value in nouns made adjectives for the sake of sound or effect and naively asks for an explanation with the hard-to-ignore red zigzag line under the word.
Often times, the things I write don't make sense at all.
Often times, the things I write are repetitive.
Often times, the things I write are a bunch of small phrases.
Microsoft word likes to put green under my style, and I don't like that. It makes me want to edit... to satisfy its internal protocols, I suppose, hell, I don't know.
My feet itch.
I'm awfully bored.

No comments: